How could I permanently unlock iPhone 4 using iTunes?
asked Oct 09 '12 at 01:36
The question was "How to unlock my iPhone using iTunes" Unlocking any phone on its own does not need iTunes so I presumed he meant unlocking it so as to be able to use any other SIM card in it.
YOU MUST FIRST contact the original contract company (Orange UK in this instance). You must posses the original SIM card. They contact APPLE and about 28 days later they sent these instructions - received from [email protected] - all italics are my comments. Hope this helps someone
Please find the process for unlocking your Apple handset:-
IMEI: 01nnnnnnnnnnn (Originally iPhone on contract with Orange UK)
**Please note there is no code required to unlock your iphone/ipad
**Please make sure a back up is taken of your iphone/ipad
1) Insert a non-Orange 3G SIM card. This must be a network provider who also supplies the iphone/ipad.
2) Switch ON the handset.
3) Connect to iTunes using USB cable
4) Use the “restore” option within iTunes (located at the bottom of iTunes not the top)
5) The handset may then display: USB cable and iTunes icon.
6) Disconnect from USB then re-connect
7) Synchronise device with iTunes
8) Once synchronised a message will appear on iTunes stating “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked” If using IOS5 this message will not show
9) Follow on screen set up instructions to enable new carrier settings
Your handset should now be successfully unlocked.
Should this not show, please keep other network 3G sim in the iphone and restore the iphone via iTunes making sure all data is backed up first.
You can also get some self help tips, please put the following into Google and search; support.apple.com/kb/TS3198
If your “restore” option is not shown when device is synchronised with iTunes, you must place the Orange sim (This is the original SIM Card) back into the iphone/ipad and update the software then “restore as a new device” and then follow the unlock procedure again with the other network sim inserted (The new or any other SIM Card)
answered Oct 17 '12 at 04:30
Not possible. If you don't have the pin.... you're pretty much out of luck.
answered Oct 11 '12 at 15:07
Since posting a comment to Mariyan Dhanush (above) I checked out their website. I get this response for an iPhone 4s in the USA, UK and France with the leading operators.
"Unlocking services supported for your phone : We currently do not have any unlocking services that are supported by your mobile phone."
I do not expect to see a reply from Mariyan Dhanush. Why on earth did he/she post?
answered Jul 10 '13 at 07:50